CIOS ENERGY d.o.o.
- First privately owned power plant on non-hazardous waste in Croatia
- Production of electrical and thermal energy
- 146.500 tons annual capacity of the plant
|CIOS ENERGY d.o.o.|
|Seat and address:||Sisak (City of Sisak), Božidara Adžije 19|
|Principal activity:||Production, transmission and distribution of electrical energy|
|Year of incorporation:||2013|
|Share capital:||HRK 20,000.00|
|Management Board:||Ivan Pripuz, Boro Mioč|
At the site in City of Sisak, on the premises of the former steel mill in the Industrial zone, C.I.O.S. Group has been recycling separately collected waste since 2001 and, in accordance with the 2017 building permit for the construction of the cogeneration plant and its amendments, by reconstructing the steel foundry, it will invest in the construction of a highly efficient cogeneration plant for generating power and heat from non-hazardous waste and biomass through the R1 recovery process.
The plant, which produces electricity and heat, represents the final stage of disposing of the part of municipal waste that is not suitable for recovery and which has been previously processed and prepared in the regional waste management centers.
THE SINERGIJA POWER PLANT WILL BE:
- A model example of the best available technology and latest technical developments.
- Without harmful impact on human health, climate, and the environment!
- Significantly different from existing plants in Croatia, in compliance with the highest EU standards, implemented by C.I.O.S. Group since its establishment.
- Wholly compliant with the EU Industrial Emissions Directive and the strictest regulations on emission limit values, including continuous public disclosure of key indicators in real time – online and on public surface in City of Sisak.
- A central point for recycling and recovery of non-hazardous waste from City of Sisak and the Sisak-Moslavina County areas.
THE SINERGIJA PROJECT:
- Ensures an integrated waste management system, whereby non-recyclable waste is being directed to the local closure of the material and the energy circle
- Utilises waste from City of Sisak and the Sisak-Moslavina County areas for partial coverage of energy requirements, and energy independence of the community
- Guarantees reduction of the environmental footprint, unlike alternative processes of waste management (disposal sites and incineration plants)
- Resolves the long-term problem of sludge disposal from waste water purification facilities in City of Sisak and the Sisak-Moslavina County areas
THE CITIZENS OF CITY OF SISAK AND THE SISAK-MOSLAVINA COUNTY ARE THUS ENSURED:
- Waste problem systematic solution
- Power and heat delivery
- Partial coverage of energy requirements and costs for nurseries, schools, hospitals
- Active improvement of the quality of life
- 40 newly created jobs
- A SYNERGY (SINERGIJA) with the local economy, community and fellow citizens
The process of assessing the impact of the project on the environment is underway.